Masters of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Masters of War

Masters of War clan forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COD 4 EU Connectivity Patch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
russ7166
postman
postman
russ7166

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-12-02

COD 4 EU Connectivity Patch Empty
PostSubject: COD 4 EU Connectivity Patch   COD 4 EU Connectivity Patch Icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2007, 3:41 pm

Around 1:30pm (US time) fourzerotwo posted this on Infinity Ward's website forum
It's about the patch in the US and when the patch for EU will come out (sorta)
Basically it is just explaining why dudes in the US cannot connect to mates overseas in EU
(hate to be a smartass but i was right saying that the reason we couldnt connect was because US had the patch and EU didn't Laughing devil )

BE ABLE TO PLAY WITH EVERYONE SOMEWHERE BETWEEN MID JANUARY-FEBRUARY/MARCH
if i didn't explain this well just read below Very Happy

fourzerotwo wrote:
Hey Everyone --

I know there are a lot of questions of whats happening with the EU (rest of the world) connectivity patch for the PS3 and I wanted to let you know what's happening.

Essentially SCEA (Sony of America) and SCEE (Sony Europe) have two completely separate certification processes, policies, rules, and requirements. Essentially they're going through two separate companies despite them both being Sony. The reason the patch has only come out in the US is because it passed Sony America (SCEA) certification and they allowed it to be released.

The patch that has to go through Sony Europe (SCEE) hasn't gotten approved by Sony Europe yet, and it's looking like will have to be rolled into the feature patch coming to the PS3. So essentially, you all know there we're two patches coming for the PS3, the first being the connectivity patch, and the 2nd being the feature patch (i.e. Kill cams additions and others) same as the Xbox 360 (with a few slight platform specific differences). That is what's happening in the US, but regretfully due to the delay with Sony Europe and the different requirements with certification that will all be one big patch for Europe and the rest of the world instead of two separate ones like in the US.

You will ALL get the same patches / changes eventually, just not as two separate patches like the US. Despite them all being the same patch. Everything we could do has been done, right now it's just a matter of going through the proper channels of certification.

Once the patch is released in every region (probably after Holiday break) then you'll be able to connect with your overseas friends again, the only reason you cannot at this moment is because Patched versions cannot play with unpatched versions.

We've been working to see if it can be pushed through Sony Europe (SCEE) any faster and if it's possible I guarantee you we'll make it happen, but other than that there's nothing we can do. Especially seeing as most people are on Holiday break, but I'm looking at all our options.
Back to top Go down
VIPERZCLAW
noob
noob

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: COD 4 EU Connectivity Patch   COD 4 EU Connectivity Patch Icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2007, 4:19 pm

well like i said before this sux balls sony hiding behind beaurocracy its just europe yet again gets the short end of the stick and lose out yet again.....lol.......knowing sony, they will be cheeky and ask us to pay for the patch next ..(Watch this space) bleed the europeans dry as they always do. vader the dark side is coming grrr so now all we have to do is alone alone
Back to top Go down
russ7166
postman
postman
russ7166

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-12-02

PostSubject: Re: COD 4 EU Connectivity Patch   COD 4 EU Connectivity Patch Icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2007, 4:24 pm

yea this does suck major balls

if they (sony) make u pay for the patch tell 'em to shove it and go buy haze, hehe, i heard that haze has 4player campaign co-op
Back to top Go down
VIPERZCLAW
noob
noob

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: COD 4 EU Connectivity Patch   COD 4 EU Connectivity Patch Icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2007, 4:56 pm

yeah just been reading up on haze has 2 player online split screen supposidly not shown much on clan options yet as that is key for community growth and 4 player is offline i think or via lan...am still trying to find out if it is stand alone server or linked like cod4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COD 4 EU Connectivity Patch   COD 4 EU Connectivity Patch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COD 4 EU Connectivity Patch
Page 1 of 1